Connected innovation is helping our clients navigate today’s complex challenges and connecting them with the opportunities that will shape our shared future.
At Freshfields you can build an evolving array of skills (such as using cutting-edge technology) and collaborate with technologists, process improvement specialists, project managers, data scientists and designers across the world.
Freshfields Hub: reimagining law
Our clients’ needs are becoming more complex. Mass claims, global investigations and cross-border M&A demand sophisticated legal judgement and involve huge volumes of data. The Freshfields Hub brings together lawyers, technologists, legal support staff and process improvement specialists. Together, we design more agile and efficient ways to deliver our legal services, ensuring that our clients – and you – stay ahead of the curve.
Freshfields Lab: developing tech-based solutions
The Freshfields Lab is a vital part of our response to the rapidly advancing digital landscape. It is a space where we work collaboratively with clients to explore digital technologies and develop new ways of working that tackle the challenges and opportunities stemming from digitisation across the legal sector and clients’ own industry sectors.
Today’s complicated legal challenges
Today’s complicated legal challenges – cyber risks, global transactions, global investigations, mass claims litigation and complex competition issues – demand a sophisticated response.
The Freshfields Lab combines world-class legal advice and technological expertise. Lab activities are led by multidisciplinary teams, including Freshfields lawyers, client representatives in legal and IT roles, as well as external digital experts, software providers and academics.
Staying ahead of the curve requires us to be plugged into the latest developments. The FT Innovative Lawyer Awards has recognised Freshfields as Europe’s most innovative law firm and we have close links with the legal technology start-up community. For example, we sponsor Legal Geek, the largest law technology community in the world.
At Freshfields you can get the chance to contribute to ground-breaking developments, including working with our:
- associate innovation group – associates from across the firm who generate ideas, develop business cases and assess value to clients;
- continuous improvement team, which works with lawyers and business services staff to identify and effect improvements in how we interact with technology and service clients;
- legal project management capability, which helps lawyers deliver those improvements in a structured and disciplined way to keep costs down;
- legal technologists, who identify and work with technology solutions to drive greater efficiencies; and
- product development specialists, who link our offices and the Freshfields Hub to ensure that we continue to meet high quality standards.